Unlike sewing-only courses, our day camps provide a big-picture introduction to fashion. Students learn sewing skills along with illustration, accessory design fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and more. Plus, we round out the full day camp with a little DIY and crafting too!
Join us for the Thanksgiving Break holiday break day camp on November 22nd 2023!
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: 307 East 84th Street, Ground floor, NY NY 10028
- Time: 10AM-3PM (9:45am drop off)
- Extended day available.
- Dates: November 22nd 2023
- Lunch to be provided by the parent/guardian
- All supplies are included
- Minimum number of campers is 4, maximum is 12
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited class sizes of 15 students and a teacher ratio of 1:6 ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are always safe!
To keep young minds engaged, your child’s day will feature unique design and fashion lessons including the highlight of the day; sewing. During sewing class, fashion campers learn to use a sewing machine (complete with finger guards and speed control!) plus layout a pattern, measure and cut fabric. The result? A finished garment or accessory that they can take home and wear! Sewing projects change each individual camp day and may be any type of apparel such as shorts, pants, skirt, top, a simple dress or even an accessory such as a scarf or messenger bag. We alternate our projects and fabric seasonally so it’s always a new creation at The Fashion Class.
Plus, we go beyond the sewing machine with a big-picture introduction to fashion. Campers learn sewing skills along with illustration, merchandising, fashion history, the business of fashion, and entrepreneurship All lessons are age appropriate, easy to understand and hands on.
See your child build confidence and experience the pride that comes from learning a new, creative skill with The Fashion Class!
Our policies exist to clarify your responsibilities for cancellations, lateness, illness, and other unexpected situations. These policies are important, so please read them before registering.
Don't see your child's day off on our schedule? We offer custom camps for your group of four or more!