Beginners are always welcome at The Fashion Class where we make sewing and design easy and fun for everyone!
Join us for Sewing Machine Basics, a class all about using your (our our) sewing machines. We will go over the basic steps to thread your machine, thread a bobbin, and fully prepare to sew. Next, we'll practice different stitches, go over technical things like tension and backstitching, and explain all of those tiny accessories that come with a sewing machine. You'll leave class with the knowledge and confidence to sew at home or join one of our open studio sewing nights.
We provide all of the supplies, all you have to do is bring your fabulous self and a sewing machine if you have one (and BYOB should you so decide). Our class sizes are small (up to 8 students) so that each person has the space and attention they need to design, create, and finish their project!
- Where: The Fashion Class, 307 East 84th Street NYC
- Who: Adults 21 & up
- What: Learn to sew on a sewing machine in our class for beginners.
- When: Tuesday March 5th 7-8:30pm
- All supplies are included!
- BYOB (totally optional)
What You'll Learn: Under the guidance of our experienced instructor, you'll build a strong foundation in sewing, including:
Sewing Machine Basics: Familiarize yourself with sewing machine operation, maintenance, and safety.
Fundamental Stitches: Master essential stitches like straight stitch, zigzag stitch, and more.
- Simple Project: We like for everyone to leave with something they've created from scratch, for this class we make a drawstring travel bag.