Fashion and sewing day camps at TFC combine practical skills with creativity, unlocking limitless self-expression in our campers ages 6-12! Through hands on learning all campers sew a real and wearable garment or accessory plus learn to sketch, create and design accessories, artwork and a lot more. Allow your child to discover the excitement of fashion design at The Fashion Class!
Join us for the Rosh Hashanah holiday break day camps on September 26th and 27th 2022!
Please check out dates, times, and COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION under the details tab above.
During their day fashion campers work on Singer Quantum Stylist Computerized Sewing Machines. These sewing machines are easy to use, equipped with finger guards, and feature advanced technology like lightning-fast embroidery! Sewing projects are finished and taken home at the end of the camp day. Sewing projects change each individual camp day and may be any type of apparel such as shorts, pants, skirt, top, a simple dress or even an accessory such as a scarf or messenger bag. We alternate our projects and fabric seasonally so it’s always a new creation at The Fashion Class.
Plus, unlike sewing-only camps, The Fashion Class provides a big-picture introduction to fashion. Campers learn sewing skills along with illustration, merchandising, fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and a little DIY and crafting too! All lessons are age appropriate, easy to understand and hands on.
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited class sizes of 12 students and a teacher ratio of 1:6 ensure every child gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are always safe!
Allow your child to flourish in our creative community where they learn alongside other children who share their interest in fashion and sewing!
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: 307 East 84th Street, Ground Floor, New York NY 10028
- Dates: September 26th and/or 27th 2022
- Time: 10AM-3PM (9-5 extended day available)
- Price: 149/day (extended day is $30/hr, please contact us to book in advance)
- Lunch/snack to be provided by the parent
- All supplies are included
- Minimum number of campers is 4, maximum is 12
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
We will be following New York State guidelines along with the CDC and local officials’ guidelines and recommendations with respect to social distancing and capacity limits. This information is subject to change.
- Sewing machine desks will be spaced 3 feet apart.
- Students will have dedicated supplies and sewing machine, this means their own scissors, pins, sewing, and drawing supplies that will not be shared by other students in their camp.
- We will continue to sanitize our studio, bathrooms, supplies, and sewing machines before and after each camp day.
- Camps are drop off only.
- Face masks are no longer required in our studios. All staff members are vaccinated.
Need a custom camp? We have a separate classroom for private groups!