Is your child ready for the next level of sewing? In this advanced course for tweens, students will sew a project with a commercial clothing pattern, just like the professionals do!
In Pattern & Stitch Advanced Sewing students (ages 10-12) will learn how to use commercial patterns to make a wearable and fabulous garment! New project and pattern each season.
- Where: 307 East 84th Street, New York NY 10028
- When: Fall (Sept-Oct), Holiday (Nov-Dec), Winter (Jan-Feb), Early Spring (March-April), Late Spring (May-June)
- 1.5 hour classes
- Price $69/class
- Ages 10-12yrs
- All Supplies Included!
Classes meet once per week during the following seasons:
- Fall: September 8th through October 30th 2023
- Holiday: November 1st through December 14th 2023
- Winter: January 2nd through February 29th 2024
- Early Spring: March 1st through April 30th 2024
- Late Spring: May 1st through June 9th 2024
No Class on the Following Dates:
- 9/4 Labor Day
- 9/5-9/7 Studio Prep Week
- 9/16 Rosh Hashanah
- 9/25 Yom Kippur
- 10/31 Halloween
- 11/22-11/26 Thanksgiving Break
- 12/15-1/1 Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 2/17-2/20 President’s Day Holiday
- 3/30-3/31 Easter Holiday
- 5/25-5/27 Memorial Day
Alongside completing project one, students will learn the terminology and symbols of a commercial pattern so that they can work with them independently at home. Pattern and stitch runs at a slower pace than Fashion Design and Sewing, allowing students to cut their pattern to size, iron their fabric pieces, cut, and sew their garment.
This class is designed as a continuation of Fashion Design and Sewing, it is sewing at an advanced level and students must have taken at least two prior seasons of Fashion Design and Sewing.
Our policies exist to clarify your responsibilities for cancellations, lateness, illness, and other unexpected situations. These policies are important, so please read them before registering.