A wonderful introduction to sewing for ages 5 & 6 who want to explore the world of fashion. Your child will learn how to sew while making real clothing and accessories.
Class begins with an introduction on how to use a sewing machine (our machines are equipped with speed control and finger guards for a safe and fun environment) and students begin their first project during class number one. Throughout the course they learn how to thread the sewing machine and use child-friendly patterns to make 1-2 simple and fashionable items during their class.
- Where: 307 East 84th Street, New York NY 10028
- When: Fall (Sept-Oct), Holiday (Nov-Dec), Winter (Jan-Feb), Early Spring (March-April), Late Spring (May-June)
- 1.5 hour classes
- Price $69/class
- Ages 5-6yrs
- All Supplies Included!
Classes meet once per week during the following seasons:
- Fall: September 8th through October 30th 2023
- Holiday: November 1st through December 14th 2023
- Winter: January 2nd through February 29th 2024
- Early Spring: March 1st through April 30th 2024
- Late Spring: May 1st through June 9th 2024
No Class on the Following Dates:
- 9/4 Labor Day
- 9/5-9/7 Studio Prep Week
- 9/16 Rosh Hashanah
- 9/25 Yom Kippur
- 10/31 Halloween
- 11/22-11/26 Thanksgiving Break
- 12/15-1/1 Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 2/17-2/20 President’s Day Holiday
- 3/30-3/31 Easter Holiday
- 5/25-5/27 Memorial Day
Each child works with our professional instructor, on their own project at their own pace. Our maximum class size is five students and our studio has one sewing machine per student.
Projects progress in difficulty to build your child's sewing skills and projects change each season so that students can continue to sew with us. We focus on trendy pieces that can be worn by the 'lil designers themselves such as handbags, tops, skirts, pants and dresses.
Our policies exist to clarify your responsibilities for cancellations, lateness, illness, and other unexpected situations. These policies are important, so please read them before registering.