Unlike sewing-only courses, our day camps provide a big-picture introduction to fashion. Students learn sewing skills along with illustration, accessory design fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and more. Plus, we round out the full day camp with a little DIY and crafting too!
To keep young minds engaged, each camp day will feature unique design and fashion lessons including the highlight of the day; sewing. During sewing class, fashion campers learn to use a sewing machine (complete with finger guards and speed control!) plus layout a pattern, measure and cut fabric. By the end of the week, campers will have created garments or accessories that they can take home and wear!
Plus, we go beyond the sewing machine with a big-picture introduction to fashion. Campers learn sewing skills along with illustration, merchandising, fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and some DIY! All lessons are age appropriate, easy to understand and hands on.
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited class sizes of 12 students and a teacher ratio of 1:6 ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are always safe!
See your child build confidence and experience the pride that comes from learning a new, creative skill with The Fashion Class!
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: 307 East 84th Street, Ground floor, NY NY 10028
- Time: 10AM-3PM (9-5 extended day available)
- Dates: Feb 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and/or 24th 2023
- Price: $160 (extended day is $30/hr)
- Lunch to be provided by the parent/caregiver
- All supplies are included
- Minimum number of campers is 4, maximum is 12
Don't see your child's day off on our schedule? We offer custom camps for your group of four or more!
Breakdown of the Day:
- 9am-10am Extended day morning class: Fashion Design Drawing Challenges
- 10 - 11:30 am Sewing: Campers will sew real and wearable clothing on our Singer Quantum Stylist Sewing machines complete with LCD touch screens, finger guards and plenty of fun embroidery stitches!
- 11:30 - 12:30 pm Lunch & Fashion Games
- 12:30-1:30 pm Fashion Illustration
- 1:30 - 3 pm Art & Design
- 3-5PM Extended day afternoon class: Accessory Design where campers make wearable jewelry and room décor!
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
We will be following New York State guidelines along with the CDC and local officials’ guidelines and recommendations with respect to social distancing and capacity limits. This information is subject to change.
- Sewing machine desks will be spaced 3 feet apart.
- Students will have dedicated supplies and sewing machine, this means their own scissors, pins, sewing, and drawing supplies that will not be shared by other students in their camp.
- We will continue to sanitize our studio, bathrooms, supplies, and sewing machines before and after each camp day.
- Camps are drop off only.
- Facemasks are no longer required in our studio. All staff members are vaccinated.