Our boutique children's fashion design summer camp in NYC is a fabulous way to spend a week or more of summer vacation!
Who we are: Now in our 13th year, students ages 6-12 years old will learn to sew real and wearable clothing using a sewing machine, illustrate fashion, learn all about design, and have a blast with up to 12 other fashion-forward kids in our NYC studio.
- Camp runs weekly starting June 17th through Sept 6th 2024 from 10am-3pm!
- Extended day with extra creative classes (hand sewing, jewelry making, and room décor projects) available from 9am-5pm each week.
- Projects and lessons will change each week so campers can continue throughout the summer.
What we do: To keep young minds engaged, each camp day will feature unique design and fashion lessons including the highlight of the day; sewing. During sewing class, fashion campers learn to use a sewing machine (complete with finger guards and speed control!) plus layout a pattern, measure and cut fabric. By the end of the week, campers will have created garments or accessories that they can take home and wear!
Plus, we go beyond the sewing machine with a big-picture introduction to fashion. Campers learn sewing skills along with illustration, merchandising, fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and some DIY! All lessons are age appropriate, easy to understand and hands on.
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited camp sizes of 12 students and 2 teachers ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are safe!
- Week 1:June 17th-21st
- Week 2: June 24th-28th
- Week 3: July 1st-3rd (3 day week)
- Week 4: July 8th-12th
- Week 5: July 15th-19th
- Week 6: July 22nd-26th
- Week 7: July 29th-Aug 2nd
- Week 8: Aug 5th-9th
- Week 9: Aug12th-16th
- Week 10: Aug 19th-23rd
- Week 11: Aug 26th-30th
- Week 12: Sept 3rd-6th (4 day week)
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: UES 307 East 84th Street New York, NY 10028
- Time: 10AM-3PM*
- *Extended day (9a-10a hand sewing, 3p-5p jewelry and room décor making class) available for an additional $400 (full week) and must be booked in advance.
- Lunch to be provided by caregiver
- All supplies are included and campers take home what they've created!
- Price: $899/week
Breakdown of the Day:
- 9am-10am Extended day morning class: Hand sewing and Embroidery
- 10 - 11:30 am Sewing: Campers will sew real and wearable clothing on our brand new Bernette sewing machines complete with extra safety features!
- 11:30 - 12:30 pm Lunch & Fashion Games
- 12:30-1:30 pm Fashion Illustration
- 1:30 - 3 pm Art & Design: Hands-on and age appropriate fashion lessons such as fashion history and fabric science!
- 3-5PM Extended day afternoon class: Accessory Design where campers make wearable jewelry and room décor.
Payments & Policies: Non Refundable deposit of 30% required to hold your child's spot in camp, to pay the deposit only please call 646-329-6663. Balance is due one month prior to camp start.