Our boutique children's fashion design summer camp in NYC is a wonderful way to spend summer vacation. Students ages 6-12 years old will learn to sew using a sewing machine, illustrate and design fashion and have a blast with up to 12 other fashion-forward kids in our Upper East Side studio located at 307 East 84th Street.
Camp runs weekly starting June 12th through Sept 1st 2023 from 10am-3pm! Extended day with extra creative classes (hand sewing, jewelry making, and room décor projects) available from 9am-5pm each week, please call to book. Projects and lessons will change each week so campers can continue throughout the summer.
Please check out dates, times, and COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION under the details tab above.
To keep young minds engaged, each camp day will feature unique design and fashion lessons including the highlight of the day; sewing. During sewing class, fashion campers learn to use a sewing machine (complete with finger guards and speed control!) plus layout a pattern, measure and cut fabric. By the end of the week, campers will have created garments or accessories that they can take home and wear!
Plus, we go beyond the sewing machine with a big-picture introduction to fashion. Campers learn sewing skills along with illustration, merchandising, fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and some DIY! All lessons are age appropriate, easy to understand and hands on.
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited camp sizes of 12 students and 2 teachers ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are safe!
See your child build confidence and experience the pride that comes from learning a new, creative skill with The Fashion Class!
- Week 1:June 12th - June 16th
- Week 2: June 19th - June 23rd
- Week 3: June 26th - June 30th
- Week 4: July 5th - July 7th (3-day week)
- Week 5: July 10th - July 14th
- Week 6: July 31st - Aug 4th
- Week 7: Aug 7th - Aug 11th
- Week 8: Aug 14th - Aug 18th
- Week 9: Aug 21st - Aug 25th
- Week 10: Aug 28th - Sept 1st
Weeks of July 17th and July 24th are teen weeks.
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: UES 307 East 84th Street New York, NY 10028
- Time: 10AM-3PM
- Price: $799/week
- Extended day (9a-10a hand sewing, 3p-5p jewelry and room décor making class) available for an additional $450 (full week) and must be booked in advance.
- Lunch provided by parent
- All supplies included and campers keep what they've made
- Drop off between 9:45-10AM
- Pick up at 3PM
Breakdown of the Day:
- 9am-10am Extended day morning class: Hand sewing and Embroidery (please call to book)
- 10 - 11:30 am Sewing: Campers will sew real and wearable clothing on our Singer Quantum Stylist Sewing machines complete with LCD touch screens, finger guards and plenty of fun embroidery stitches!
- 11:30 - 12:30 pm Lunch & Fashion Games
- 12:30-1:30 pm Fashion Illustration
- 1:30 - 3 pm Art & Design
- 3-5PM Extended day afternoon class: Accessory Design where campers make wearable jewelry and room décor! (Please call to book)
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
We will be following New York State guidelines along with the CDC and local officials’ guidelines and recommendations with respect to social distancing and capacity limits. This information is subject to change as the situation evolves.
- Sewing machine desks will be spaced 3 feet apart.
- Students will have dedicated supplies and sewing machine, this means their own scissors, pins, sewing, and drawing supplies that will not be shared by other students in their camp.
- We will continue to sanitize our studio, bathrooms, supplies, and sewing machines before and after each camp day.
- Camps are drop off only. In order to maintain social distancing our waiting areas are now part of the classroom.
- Face masks are no longer required in our studios. All staff members are vaccinated.
Need a custom camp? We have a separate classroom for private groups!
Pricing & Policies
*Non Refundable deposit of 30% required to hold your child's spot in camp, to pay the deposit only please call 646-329-6663. Balance is due one month before camp begins.