Ages 13-17 will learn to create and sew their own custom clothing in this teen only sewing course - beginners welcome!
Design, measure, cut, and sew a design of your choosing into a wearable garment. Perfect for beginners and returning students alike - projects are self-designed with the help of our professional design instructors.
Fabric will be chosen and purchased (online) during class # 1. We highly encourage students to bring in ideas and sketches of what they would like to make during their course.
Classes meet once per week during the following seasons:
- Fall: September 8th through October 30th 2023
- Holiday: November 1st through December 14th 2023
- Winter: January 2nd through February 29th 2024
- Early Spring: March 1st through April 30th 2024
- Late Spring: May 1st through June 9th 2024
No Class on the Following Dates:
- 9/4 Labor Day
- 9/5-9/7 Studio Prep Week
- 9/16 Rosh Hashanah
- 9/25 Yom Kippur
- 10/31 Halloween
- 11/22-11/26 Thanksgiving Break
- 12/15-1/1 Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 2/17-2/20 President’s Day Holiday
- 3/30-3/31 Easter Holiday
- 5/25-5/27 Memorial Day
Students design their own projects so that past students can continue to sew and develop their skills while new students learn the art of sewing and design. Depending on your teen's skill level they may also cover pattern drafting and/or draping while they sew their designs.
Our policies exist to clarify your responsibilities for cancellations, lateness, illness, and other unexpected situations. These policies are important, so please read them before registering.