Fashion camp is a wonderful way for your child to meet other fashionistas, learn to sew and sketch apparel plus have a blast in our creative day camp for kids! We fill our camp day with different design themed classes and sewing is always on the daily lineup. Through hands-on learning at The Fashion Class, children 6-12 can experience the thrill of making something on their own!
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: 307 East 84th Street, Ground floor, NY NY 10028
- Time: 10AM-3PM (9:45am drop off)
- Extended day available.
- Date: November 7th
- Lunch to be provided by the parent/guardian
- All supplies are included
- Minimum number of campers is 4, maximum is 12
Real and wearable clothing projects are completed and taken home that day and we provide all fabric and supplies. Sewing projects change each individual camp day and may be any type of apparel such as shorts, pants, skirt, top, a simple dress or even an accessory such as a scarf or messenger bag. We alternate our projects and fabric seasonally so it’s always a new creation at The Fashion Class!
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited class sizes of 12 students and a teacher ratio of 1:6 ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are always safe!
The remainder of your child’s day at fashion camp will be full of fun and fab lessons on how to illustrate and design fashion, conceptualizing and creating a fictional clothing line and learning about other parts of the industry such as textile science lab class or fashion history (complete with real clothing from the 1920’s and on)! All lessons are age appropriate, easy to understand and hands on. Children in our program are constantly creating all day – whether it be our much-loved draping game after lunch or creating business cards for their fictional clothing brand.
Join our fashion camp and make your child’s next day off from school a fashionably fun-filled experience!
Our policies exist to clarify your responsibilities for cancellations, lateness, illness, and other unexpected situations. These policies are important, so please read them before registering.
Don't see your child's day off on our schedule? We offer custom camps for your group of four or more!