Fashion and sewing day camps at TFC combine practical skills with creativity, unlocking limitless self-expression in our campers ages 6-12. Through hands on learning all campers sew a real and wearable garment or accessory plus learn to sketch, create and design accessories, artwork and a lot more. Allow your child to discover the excitement of fashion design at The Fashion Class.
Join The Fashion Class for a day of sewing, fashion and fun during our Eid al-Fitr school break Fashion Camp on April 10th 2024! Beginners welcome.
During their day fashion campers work on Bernette B37 Sewing Machines. These sewing machines are easy to use, equipped with finger guards, and feature advanced technology like lightning-fast embroidery! Sewing projects are finished and taken home at the end of the camp day. We alternate our projects and fabric seasonally so it’s always a new creation at The Fashion Class.
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited class sizes of 12 students and a teacher ratio of 1:4 ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are always safe!
Allow your child to flourish in our creative community where they learn alongside other children who share their interest in fashion and sewing!
- Upper East 307 East 84th Street New York, NY 10028 (Sold Out)
- Upper West 2391 Broadway New York, NY 10024
- Date: April 10th 2024
- Time: 10AM-3PM (extended day available)
- Price: $175
- Lunch provided by parent
- All supplies are included
- Minimum number of campers is 4, maximum is 12
Breakdown of the Day:
- 9am-10am Extended day morning class: Fashion Design Drawing Challenge
- 10 - 11:30 am Sewing: Campers will sew real and wearable clothing on our Singer Quantum Stylist Sewing machines complete with LCD touch screens, finger guards and plenty of fun embroidery stitches!
- 11:30 - 12:30 pm Lunch & Fashion Games
- 12:30-1:30 pm Fashion Illustration
- 1:30 - 3 pm Art & Design
- 3-5PM Extended day afternoon class: Accessory Design where campers make wearable jewelry and room décor!
Need a custom camp? We have a separate classroom for private groups!