Fashion and sewing day camps at TFC combine practical skills with creativity, unlocking limitless self-expression in our campers ages 6-12. Through hands on learning all campers sew a real and wearable garment or accessory plus learn to sketch, create and design accessories, artwork and a lot more. Allow your child to discover the excitement of fashion design at The Fashion Class.
Join The Fashion Class for a day of sewing, fashion and fun during our Eid al-Fitr school break Fashion Camp on April 21st 2023! Beginners welcome.
Please check out dates, times, and COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION under the details tab above.
During their day fashion campers work on Singer Quantum Stylist Computerized Sewing Machines. These sewing machines are easy to use, equipped with finger guards, and feature advanced technology like lightning-fast embroidery! Sewing projects are finished and taken home at the end of the camp day. We alternate our projects and fabric seasonally so it’s always a new creation at The Fashion Class.
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited class sizes of 12 students and a teacher ratio of 1:4 ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are always safe!
Allow your child to flourish in our creative community where they learn alongside other children who share their interest in fashion and sewing!
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: 307 East 84th Street New York, NY 10028
- Date: April 21st 2023
- Time: 10AM-3PM (extended day available)
- Price: $160
- Lunch provided by parent
- All supplies are included
- Minimum number of campers is 4, maximum is 12
Breakdown of the Day:
- 9am-10am Extended day morning class: Fashion Design Drawing Challenge
- 10 - 11:30 am Sewing: Campers will sew real and wearable clothing on our Singer Quantum Stylist Sewing machines complete with LCD touch screens, finger guards and plenty of fun embroidery stitches!
- 11:30 - 12:30 pm Lunch & Fashion Games
- 12:30-1:30 pm Fashion Illustration
- 1:30 - 3 pm Art & Design
- 3-5PM Extended day afternoon class: Accessory Design where campers make wearable jewelry and room décor!
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
We will be following New York State guidelines along with the CDC and local officials’ guidelines and recommendations with respect to social distancing and capacity limits. This information is subject to change as the situation evolves.
- Sewing machine desks will be spaced 3 feet apart.
- We will continue to sanitize our studio, bathrooms, supplies, and sewing machines before and after each camp day.
- Camps are drop off only.
- Face masks are no longer required in our studio. Our staff members are vaccinated.
Need a custom camp? We have a separate classroom for private groups!