Unlike sewing-only courses, our day camps provide a big-picture introduction to fashion. Students learn sewing skills along with illustration, accessory design fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and more. Plus, we round out the full day camp with a little DIY and crafting too!
Join us for the Public School Clerical Day Holiday on June 9th 2023!
To keep young minds engaged, your child’s day will feature unique design and fashion lessons including the highlight of the day; sewing. During sewing class, fashion campers learn to use a sewing machine (complete with finger guards and speed control!) plus layout a pattern, measure and cut fabric. The result? A finished garment or accessory that they can take home and wear! Sewing projects change each individual camp day and may be any type of apparel such as shorts, pants, skirt, top, a simple dress or even an accessory such as a scarf or messenger bag. We alternate our projects and fabric seasonally so it’s always a new creation at The Fashion Class.
Plus, we go beyond the sewing machine with a big-picture introduction to fashion. Campers learn sewing skills along with illustration, merchandising, fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and some DIY! All lessons are age appropriate, easy to understand and hands on.
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited class sizes of 12 students and a teacher ratio of 1:6 ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are always safe!
See your child build confidence and experience the pride that comes from learning a new, creative skill with The Fashion Class!
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: 307 East 84th Street NY, NY 10028
- Date: June 9th 2023
- Time: Full Day 10AM-3PM (extended day available)
- Price: $160
- Lunch/snack provided by parent
- All supplies are included
- Minimum number of campers is 4, Maximum is 12
Breakdown of the Day:
- 9am-10am Extended day morning class: Fashion Design Drawing Challenge
- 10 - 11:30 am Sewing: Campers will sew real and wearable clothing on our Singer Quantum Stylist Sewing machines complete with LCD touch screens, finger guards and plenty of fun embroidery stitches!
- 11:30 - 12:30 pm Lunch & Fashion Games
- 12:30-1:30 pm Fashion Illustration
- 1:30 - 3 pm Art & Design
- 3-5PM Extended day afternoon class: Accessory Design where campers make wearable jewelry and room décor!