Have a child who’s crazy for sketching imaginative outfits? Turn their dream into reality with our sewing and design day camp that’s filled with fashion! The Fashion Class makes learning to sew easy: all supplies are included in the camp fee and campers take home and keep everything they’ve made throughout the day.
For kids, The Fashion Class is an unforgettable learning experience. Our camp day is filled with several fashion themed lessons including sewing on a real sewing machine! Starting at the beginning, we take our campers through the basics so they can create something fabulous to take home at the end of the day.
Sewing projects change each individual camp day and may be any type of apparel such as shorts, pants, skirt, top, a simple dress or even an accessory such as a scarf or messenger bag. We alternate our projects and fabric seasonally so it’s always a new creation at The Fashion Class.
In addition to sewing class, our campers delve into fashion with fun lessons that build confidence and allow your child to explore skills they might not have the opportunity to use in school. Campers learn sewing skills along with illustration, merchandising, fashion history, the business of fashion, entrepreneurship, and a little DIY and crafting too! All lessons are age appropriate, easy to understand and hands on.
Our specialized curriculum—developed in partnership with pattern makers, illustrators, and educators over ten years—is designed around what works best for kids, including:
- Limited Class Size “Boutique” limited class sizes of 12 students and a sewing teacher ratio of 1:6 ensure every kid gets the attention they deserve.
- Exceptional Teachers Our teachers combine real-world experience with specialized training and bring kindness and empathy along with energy and enthusiasm to the classroom.
- Safety First Covered blades on fabric scissors along with finger guards and speed control on all sewing machines ensure little hands are always safe!
Join us for a fashion day camp so your child can tap into their creativity and experience the joy of making something amazing!
- Ages 6-12yrs
- Location: 307 East 84th Street, Ground floor, NY NY 10028
- Time: 10AM-3PM (9:45am drop off)
- Extended day available.
- Dates: October 9th 2023
- Price: $160
- Lunch to be provided by the parent/guardian
- All supplies are included
- Minimum number of campers is 4, maximum is 12
Breakdown of the Day:
- 9am-10am Extended day morning class: Fashion Design Drawing Challenge
- 10 - 11:30 am Sewing: Campers will sew real and wearable clothing on our Singer Quantum Stylist Sewing machines complete with LCD touch screens, finger guards and plenty of fun embroidery stitches!
- 11:30 - 12:30 pm Lunch & Fashion Games
- 12:30-1:30 pm Fashion Illustration
- 1:30 - 3 pm Fashion Industry
- 3-5PM Extended day afternoon class: Accessory Design where campers make wearable jewelry and room décor!
Don't see your child's day off on our schedule? We offer custom camps for your group of four or more!
Our policies exist to clarify your responsibilities for cancellations, lateness, illness, and other unexpected situations. These policies are important, so please read them before registering.