1. What is The Fashion Class? The Fashion Class is an after school, weekend and summer program designed to teach children all about Fashion Design and Sewing.
2. What ages do you teach? Our class age groups are 6-13 and 13 through 18 years old.
3. What kind of instruction will my child receive? Our classes range from teaching the artistic side of fashion design to sewing. Our sewing classes use home sewing machines that are easy to use and safe. We also use low temperature glue guns, hand sewing needles, quilters pins, and scissors to create wearable garments. We allow our students to design their own garment according to their own aesthetic.
4. What does your course fee cover? Our fee covers the entire 10 week course, supplies, and the fashion show. Your child will keep everything they make in class.
4. What type of equipment do you work with? Our sewing classes use Brother home sewing machines that are easy to use and safe. We also use low temperature glue guns, hand sewing needles, quilters pins, and scissors.
5. How many projects do you make in one course? Our sewing classes make about three to four apparel items in a ten week course as well as a few smaller accessory projects like necklaces or headbands.
6. When do you have class? Our classes are structured into 10 week sessions in the Fall (Sept – Dec), Winter (Jan-March), and Spring (April-June). Our Summer session is 8 weeks long from July through August.
8. When is your Fashion Show? We hold a fashion show four times a year. Students from all of our classes model what they’ve created down the runway for parents and friends. It’s a great way to end each session!
9. Can my child continue taking classes throughout the year? Yes, We’ve designed our classes so that projects don’t repeat. For example if we make a tote bag and mini skirt in the fall we will make a clutch purse and a-line skirt in winter and a backpack and circle skirt for spring.
10. My school is interested in adding a fashion program, do you partner with private or public schools? Yes we’ve had long standing relationships with schools around the NYC area bringing the Fashion Class programs into their educational facilities. If you’d like to know more about this particular program please e-mail us.
11. What is your make-up class policy? We allow for missed classes to be made up during other class times; for example, if your child misses their sewing class on Tuesday they can attend another sewing class time during the week.
9. How do I register for class? You can register for class by calling us or filling out our online registration form. We require a non-refundable deposit to hold your child’s spot in class.
10. How much is your non-refundable deposit? Our deposit is $150 for a 10-week sewing course, $100 for and Art or Illustration course, and $300 for two-weeks of summer camp. Workshops and mini-camps vary. Birthday parties require a 30% deposit.
11. Do you offer a payment plan? What methods of payment do you accept? We do not offer a payment plan and classes are required to be paid in full by week 2. We do accept all major credit cards, debit cards, paypal, checks, cash or Money Orders.
Have a Question? Email us at email@example.com or call 646-329-6663